Associate Director of Claims
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and – unusually, in this business – having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 100 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s best places to work by the Business Journal for the past twelve years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona for the past five years.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Claims to join our team. This newly created role is part of our succession planning and staff development initiative, and will work closely with the Director of Claims in providing strategic and technical claims leadership for multi-lines claims staff.
Here's a peek at what you’d be doing:
- directing, coaching, and evaluating the activity and performance of claims staff
- gaining mastery as a super-user of the risk management information services platform (familiarity with the Origami RMIS would be highly beneficial)
- working with members to resolve problems and complaints
- identifying and resolving hurdles impeding claims adjudications and department operations
- ensuring consistent execution of established best practices and quality outcomes
- monitoring and tracking compliance with reinsurance reporting and Industrial Commission of Arizona special fund requests
- auditing reports and ensuring accurate and timely submission of CMS Medicare query and claim file import/exports
Here’s what we need to see in you:
- 4 + years multi-lines experience in a leadership role (absolutely required)
- workers’ comp experience highly preferred
- effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence positive outcomes
- strong technical acumen with emphasis on process improvement
- ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound (not required, but would be cool)
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- company-sponsored life insurance policy
- tuition and professional development reimbursement
- generous paid time off
- charity events
- team building events
- a killer company social calendar
- an award-winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters, and perhaps most important,
- great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about