Claims Assistant (part-time)
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and—unusually, in this business—having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 90 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s best places to work by the Business Journal for the past ten years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are currently looking for an experienced Part-time WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS ASSISTANT to join our team.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- facilitating telephonic intake and data entry of claim information (multi-tasking);
- establishing case files and generating correspondence utilizing software program;
- responding to inquiry calls and emails;
- filing, photocopying, and scanning paper file documents;
- providing office and project support to claims staff;
- handling heavy customer service activities.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- minimum 2 years’ experience in an insurance claims department or related experience (workers’ comp support experience is a plus);
- high school diploma or equivalent required;
- strong work ethic, initiative, and motivation;
- bilingual highly preferred;
- excellent organization and attention to detail;
- proficiency with Excel, Word, and general office software systems;
- exceptional follow up and customer service and skills;
- excellent communication skills—both verbal and written;
- ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- ability to work in a team environment.