Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and – unusually, in this business – having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 95 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s best places to work by the Business Journal for the past eleven years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are currently looking for an experienced Communications Strategist to join our team – this is a newly-created role and opportunity to build on a solid foundation of relationships.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- develop, implement, and continuously evaluate and improve a cohesive customer communications strategy for each public entity pool (Trust, Alliance, and Kairos) and across pools, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- oversee and coordinate the generation of content (including websites) that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. This includes identifying who must be involved in content creation/production, and who is the final decision-maker on product completion.
- recommend and oversee the use of appropriate communications platforms for different audiences, different audience segments, and different messages.
- track and measure communication program success and engagement over time and make necessary adjustments.
- recommend and monitor implementation of best communications practices.
- reimagine or discontinue specific communications, communication vehicles, and practices that do not comport with best practices.
- ensure quality control of all information released.
- manage vendor relationships.
- manage contacts and inquiries from media and members of the public.
- maintain an awareness of market risks and threats for all pools.
- project a positive pooling image to the public.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will possess some or all of these pie-in-the-sky attributes:
- 7+ years communications experience.
- advanced degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred.
- public entity pooling experience a plus.
- awareness of, and proficiency with, communications technologies.
- experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- ability to position communications discussions and execute work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- sincere commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, and other supporters.
- strong and confident leadership; clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial.
- excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- company-sponsored life insurance policy
- tuition and professional development reimbursement
- generous paid time off
- charity events
- team building events
- a killer company social calendar
- an award-winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters, and perhaps most important,
- great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about
But wait, there’s more!
Ashton Tiffany’s primary client base consists of public entity self-insurance pools. Each pool is a collection of public entities—school districts, cities and towns, fire districts, etc.—that pool their money to self-insure various risks rather than purchasing commercial insurance.
The three main Ashton Tiffany pools are the Arizona School Risk Retention Trust (www.the-trust.org), the Arizona School Alliance for Workers’ Compensation (www.azschoolalliance.org), and Kairos Health Arizona (www.kairoshealthaz.org).
The communications strategist role owns and leads the strategic direction for Ashton Tiffany pool customer communications—primarily at the administrator level (e.g., school superintendent, transportation director), but sometimes at the employee level as well (e.g., school teacher, bus driver).