Member Services Coordinator (Account Manager)
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and—unusually, in this business—having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 95 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s best places to work by the Business Journal for the past eleven years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are currently looking for a full-time Member Services Coordinator (it's kinda like an Account Manager) to join our team.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- responding to and fulfilling requests and inquiries
- consulting with members regarding risk management and insurance issues
- assisting with the design and implementation of new programs and services
- analyzing member exposures for renewal rating
- meeting with members throughout the year to market new programs and services, and review renewal documents and loss history
- coordinating training sessions related to company programs, services, etc.
- organizing member events held throughout the year
- attending member conferences
- managing, organizing, and updating member data using database applications
- 30-50% travel (in-state only)
Here’s what we need from you:
- bachelor's degree
- customer-focused mindset
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and innovative thinking
- ability to work with minimal supervision (self-starter, project management skills)
- excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- insurance experience (desirable but not mandatory)
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- company-sponsored life Insurance
- tuition and professional development reimbursement
- generous paid time off
- world class parties, outing, and events
- an award winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters
- and, perhaps most important, great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about