School Transportation Training Specialist
Ashton Tiffany, LLC, has been making risk management fun (seriously) since 1995. For 20 years and counting, we’ve helped our clients reduce risk—and reduce the cost of it. Our specialty areas include insurance pool administration, self-insurance services, and outsourced risk management programs.
That’s what we do, but the how is just as important to us. We’re committed to active listening, rigorous fundamentals, innovative thinking, and—unusually, in this business—having a good time at work.
Ashton Tiffany has approximately 95 employees in its central Phoenix office. We were named one of Phoenix’s 10 best places to work by the Business Journal for the past ten years, and one of AZ Central’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Our company is driven by four core values: a fun and professional culture, operational excellence, financial strength, and an outstanding reputation.
That’s FOFO to us.
We are currently looking for an experienced School Transportation Training Specialist to join our team and help with simulator training, classroom presentations, perform record audits, and presenting at state-wide assemblies.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- reviewing of safety standards in compliance with federal, state, and insurance regulations and reviewing/developing programs of safety prevention regarding school transportation as needed;
- developing, monitoring, and evaluating district transportation programs; providing program recommendations based on district needs and Trust needs;
- preparing and submitting all reports necessary for the Trust and school districts as well as reports required by federal, state, and other district authorities;
- utilizing various technology, databases, and software to access, organize, display, and present information;
- recommending changes to existing processes and practices based on analysis of transportation department data and claims reviews;
- assisting in providing information to Trust board members regarding program data;
- acting as a liaison between the Trust transportation department, state school districts, administrators and staff, the Department of Public Services, and state industry associations; maintaining positive public relations designed to promote Trust services and drive down client losses;
- attending industry meetings and trainings to address transportation needs; resolving and/or referring issues as appropriate;
- facilitating, developing, and implementing bus driver and industry training presentations;
- scheduling and operating a mobile driving simulator and safely pulling a 30-foot, fifth-wheel trailer throughout the state of Arizona;
- performing other tasks upon request of the Trust board and department needs.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- must be 21 years of age or older;
- high school diploma or equivalent (required);
- associate’s degree (preferred, Bachelor’s degree highly preferred);
- minimum of five years of experience in the transportation field (with at least one year in training);
- must possess Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- must possess a valid Arizona CDL with P, S, and air brake endorsement;
- must possess AZ DPS Bus Driver Certificate and Bus Driver Trainer Certificate;
- must possess current First Aid/CPR Certification;
- must possess a current DOT Medical Clearance Card;
- must possess a current DPS Physical Performance Test for bus drivers;
- demonstrate a working knowledge of federal and state regulations for transporting regular and special education students and the maintenance and operations of a school bus;
- demonstrate proven experience in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel;
- excellent communication skills - both verbal and written;
- self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Here’s what we’re bringing to the table:
- competitive salary
- 100% company-paid medical and dental benefits (50% dependent coverage!)
- health savings account (HSA) plan with generous company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match
- company-sponsored life insurance policy
- tuition and professional development reimbursement
- generous paid time off
- charity events
- team building events
- a killer company social calendar
- an award-winning culture and work environment
- FOFO up to the rafters, and, perhaps most important…
- …great people who believe in what we do and what we’re all about